See the Vapor Awareness Chapter Application Form and Guidelines to get started.
Your state and local efforts are very important. We need to establish a network of citizen-advocates around the nation to advance the cause of ending Electronic Cigarette prohibition and unlawful bans. It is our mission to create as many national Vapor Awareness Chapters to increase awareness, education and prevent unnecessary bans on our healthier decision….vaping!
But we’re going to need to get many more people involved to effect real change. Establishing a Vapor Awareness Chapter is, arguably, one of the most effective things you can do.
Your willingness to support Vapor Awareness at the state and local level is greatly appreciated. It’s important that your Vapor Awareness Chapter concentrates locally and organize from the town/city level to the state level. Working together we’ll end bans on the use of Electronic Cigarettes once and for all.
Guidelines for Affiliation:
Vapor Awareness fully supports ending the bans, educating the public, and opposes the practice of fining /ticketing otherwise law-abiding citizens who use Electronic Cigarettes. Vapor Awareness’ goals are more fully explained on our website (http://www.vaporawareness.org).
Vapor Awareness wishes to affiliate and work cooperatively with local and statewide groups of individuals that share our passion and goals. The following guidelines indicate the criteria that an organization of indivdiduals must meet to qualify for affiliation with Vapor Awareness, including the use of “Vapor Awareness” in the affiliate’s name.
1. The group applying for affiliation must include at least 5 current Vapor Awareness members.
2. Applicant group if campus based student chapter, must comply with all college or university requirements for campus organizations, and must seek official recognition from the college or university.
3. The group must agree to conduct organization business in a manner prescribed by state law for non-profit organizations, including holding regular board meetings, the keeping of board minutes, and the holding of regular elections as required in the bylaws. Affiliates will be required to send an end of the year report including all of the aforementioned materials.
4. The group must agree to pursue a programs intended to educate the public: lobby local, state and federal officials; or otherwise build support for ending the legal bans and fines, and educating on the use of Electronic Cigarettes; including the fight to make their area businesses/establishments Vape Friendly.
5. The group must agree to operate in a professional manner and to avoid activities that would bring disrepute or otherwise harm to Vapor Awareness and its reform efforts.
6. After a two-month grace period, every state/city affiliate is required to host at least one fundraising event annually (i.e. concert, party, etc.) co-sponsored by local or state “Vape Friendly” businesses, whereby the proceeds will be used to fund Vapor Awareness. Vapor Awareness will provide assistance promoting the event through our e-mail and mailing lists. Campus chapters will not be required to comply with this rule, but are strongly encouraged to do so.
Chapter Revocation Procedure:
Vapor Awareness reserves the right to revoke the affiliation status of any group, organization or individual that fails to operate in accordance with these guidelines. In order for a chapter’s affiliate status to be revoked, it must receive one formal warning, in writing, detailing which guidelines they fail to comply with and what can be done to remedy the situation. If two months after the warning has been issued the affiliate still is not in compliance, their status as an official Vapor Awareness Chapter may be revoked by a vote of the Vapor Awareness National Board of Directors.
Questions regarding the affiliation process should be directed to Vapor Awareness Chapter and Outreach Coordinator, email@example.com.
Those groups that wish to affiliate with Vapor Awareness must complete the following application and submit to Vapor Awareness for approval. No group or organization is authorized to act as an affiliate, or to publicly include “Vapor Awareness” in their name, until the application has been approved by the Executive Director.